I’m Alyssa Dannaker, a woman on a mission to amplify the voices of writers, entrepreneurs, and small business owners through empathetic writing and editing services. By empathizing with writers and their readers, I aim to produce work that creates unique shared experiences and makes the world a better place one page at a time. Learn more about my values and my writing and editing background below. Interested in refining your work or creating something great from scratch? Contact me to see if we’re a match!
MY WRITING & EDITING PATH
Unsurprising for an English major, I fed a curious appetite for grammar books as an undergraduate student at Temple University, earning my bachelor’s degree by practicing the art of reading and interpreting great literature in the city of brotherly love. Staying ridiculously on brand, I worked at the campus bookstore and tutored at the writing center when I wasn’t exploring new worlds and ways of being through novels and language courses. In the spring of my junior year, I studied abroad in Japan and taught English at a high school in Kanagawa while blogging about my experiences for other students. A year later I found myself diving into digital on the marketing team at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, soaking up everything a new discipline could offer during my brief internship.
Stashing my cap and gown in a cramped closet, I stepped into the real world eager to explore marketing further. After staring at spreadsheets at a local creative agency, I was able to make better use of my writing and editing abilities in an entry-level position at a suburban marketing agency that connected with consumers around the globe. I quickly moved from marketing associate to content marketer to copywriter, crafting blogs, articles, ebooks, websites, whitepapers, and more to captivate audiences in tech, healthcare, and business services. An in-house copywriter, editor, and proofreader, I’m well-equipped to clean up copy and connect writers with lifelong learners like me.
To be a trusted writing process partner for creative entrepreneurs, small businesses, and nonfiction writers.
Authenticity | Empathy | Positivity | Passion
My experience extends beyond the bachelor’s degree. I am always studying the crafts of writing, editing, and marketing to remain a valuable resource for my clients. I owe many thanks to the Editorial Freelancers Association and the entire editing community for my continued growth.
- Bachelor of Arts, English, Temple University
- English Teaching Assistant, Kanagawa Sohgoh High School
- University Blogger, Temple University Japan
- Freelance Blogger, Temple University Alumni Startup
- Writing Tutor, Temple University Writing Center
- Digital Marketer, Philadelphia Museum of Art
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certificate, HubSpot
- Content Marketing Institute Certificate, CMI
- Freelance Copywriter, Editor, & Marketer, Intuition & Mindfulness Coach
- Copywriter, Editor, & Content Marketer, Sagefrog Marketing Group
- Developmental Editing of Fiction, Editorial Freelancers Association
- Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing, The Poynter Institute
- Fundamentals of Editing
- The Art and Science of Editing
- Clarity is Key: Making Writing Clean and Concise
- Getting It Right: Accuracy and Verification in the Digital Age
- Writing Online Headlines: SEO and Beyond
- Language Primer: Basics of Grammar, Punctuation, and Word Use