Nine of Wands Keywords
|Positive Keywords||Negative Keywords|
This Nine of Wands is firey orange but centered and calm. A bit more optimistic and inspiring than its Waite-Smith counterpart, this deck’s Nine of Wands represents our ability to find an inner strength to confront the roadblocks we may face when we’re close to completion. Why should we be resilient and persistent in our goals? What’s the point? The Nine of Wands prompts us to clear out the crap to come back to our wants and needs.
The number nine itself here means we’re so close to a culmination. The wands speak to a fiery motivation to pursue purpose and meaning.
This card gives us a beautiful message of self-empathy when we feel tired, overworked, or overwhelmed. Like the nine implies, we’re so close to finishing a project or a path—or maybe we’ve just been chugging along, pushing through so many obstacles because that’s just how we do—and we come to a sudden halt: yet another obstacle is in our way. If we let it knock the wind out of us, send us over the edge, or discourage us from moving forward in a positive direction, we’re not doing ourselves justice for everything we’ve put into this so far. So what do you choose?
You can look at the Nine of Wands as a gentle reminder to pause and consider how far you’ve come, what you’re after, and why you want to get there. For you, it could be a lesson in learning that meaningful results come from hard work—or simply that you still deserve good things even when they come to you easily. You can also use this card to take stock of the boundaries you set to prevent others from pulling you off course and the allies you can rely on for support if now’s the time to ask for help. Think about how you can give yourself a moment to rest and reflect so you can step back into action refreshed and rejuvinated.
And if you’re getting close to achieving your latest dream (often the goals that both terrify and excite us) know that there’s usually something right around the corner ready to challenge those desires. So just quietly come back to you.
I AM PROUD OF MY STRENGTHS.
- What are my favorite ways to come back to myself?
- What obstacle am I choosing to look past or overcome?
- What skills and strengths am I proud of?
- What boundary am I excited to set or reinforce to help me out?
- Am I persistent about having my needs met?
- How will I try to be more gentle with myself moving forward?
- I am proud of my strengths.
- I’ll quietly come back to me.
- It’s ok to rest before the next step.
- I am resilient. Being here now is proof.
- I refuel myself for my own sake first, not for the sake of others.
- Some new challenges are here to help me grow.
- I deserve the good things that come to me—whether they come with great or little effort.
Deck: The Moonchild Tarot
Have Thoughts? Leave a Comment Here